Sunday 13 June 2021

Art Gallery Best Wishes

Art Gallery Best Wishes

Hi Crafters,  

Today I'd like to tell you how I made this beautiful Best Wishes Birthday Card.  The card uses DSP from the Art Gallery Suite, in the mini January to June 2021.  
When I made the card I was pretty much winging it.  All I knew was that I wanted to use the Fine Art Floral DSP.  








I've also used White and Pretty Peacock card stock, Vellum die cut embellishments.  Inks used are Pretty Peacock and Flirty Flamingo.  The Art Gallery Stamp Set,  Painted Lables Die set.
You will begin by cutting your card pieces -
1    White 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" scored and burnished at 4 1/8" landscape orientation.
2    Pretty Peacock 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" x2
3    Art Gallery DSP 5 3/8" x 3 5/8" ensuring your dsp is cut to ensure any directional pattern is the             correct way up.
4    Vellum scraps, PP scraps for die cut labels.
5    Vellum scraps for embellishment die cuts.
6    Bumble Bee In-colour ribbon long enough to wrap around left of card, plus a small piece for the knot.


I adhered my PP card onto the front and inside of my white folded card.  Then I wrapped the BBee Ribbon on the left side of the DSP bottom to top, then adhered it with Seal Tape to the PP panel.
Next I took another piece of ribbon,  thread it under the long strip of ribbon and tied a simple knot.  
I die cut the Sentiment labels in Vellum and PP also vellum sprigs and fern leaves (use any vellum decoration you wish).


Then for the Stamping.  Using Flirty Flamingo Ink I stamped the inner white layer with the Art Gallery Stamps using the three step stamping.  The first stamp was stamped off twice to allow a feint backdrop, the second stamp was stamped off once and then the third full strength.
I also stamped off twice to create a feint flower on the white sentiment label.  

Using the Rectangle Stitched Dies I stamped Happy Birthday in Flirty Flamingo.  I tucked the Vellum Fern leaves behind and attached it to the white base.  Glued full white layer to PP in inside of card.

For the front card, I stamped Best Wishes in PP ink onto white circle sentiment label.  To finish I used a drop of wet glue to adhere the Vellum Die Cut to the PP piece then the white sentiment label.  I added Dimensionals to PP and attached to centre of DSP.  

Thats it!!  Quick and easy but very pretty.  

Hope you like my card and give it a try.  If you do please post a picture of your card, i'd love to see it.



Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today.  

Stay Safe and well.
 
Val
Tillielampcrafts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pansy Petals Birthday Card Hello Crafters Today I'd like to use some of the elements from the stunning Pansy Petals Suite (155810). This...